COVID-19 Latest News (Updated May 29, 2020)
The St. Charles County Administration Building at 201 N. Second Street in St. Charles is now reopen to the public with normal operating hours. Access is limited to the first floor. Upon entrance to any County building, employees and the public are encouraged to wear cloth facial protection, and everyone is required to have a health screening, including temperature check, before entering. Those with a fever or who have other COVID-19 symptoms will not be permitted to enter the building. View release for more information.
Staff from the Auditor’s office are available by appointment. Please call 636-949-7455.
This website will be updated to reflect any changes in facility or department services. The public is encouraged to continue accessing County Government services by phone, email and online when available. Thank you.
- View a comprehensive list of online services.
- For more information about COVID-19, visit the St. Charles County Department of Public Health page or call the Information Hotline at 636-949-1899.
The County Auditor’s primary function as an internal auditor is to assist all members of the County Council, the County Executive and County Directors and Elected Officials in the effective discharge of their responsibilities by providing them with independent analyses, appraisals, recommendations, and pertinent comments concerning policies, practices, procedures, controls, security of assets and quality and efficiency of performance in county government.
In fulfilling this function, the County Auditor's Office will:
- Review and appraise the soundness, adequacy and application of accounting, financial, security and operating controls of all areas of the county and promote effective control at reasonable cost.
- Ascertain the extent of compliance with established policies, practices and procedures and promote improvements where possible.
- Ascertain the extent to which assets are accounted for and protected from loss.
- Ascertain the reliability of management data developed with the county.
- Appraise the quality of performance.
- Appraise the efficiency and effectiveness of operations and recommend improvements where appropriate.
The St. Charles County Auditor's office has adopted the International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing, the Statement of Responsibilities of Internal Auditors, and The Institute of Internal Auditors Code of Ethics. A copy is on file in the County Offices (Ordinance Number 97-105). The Auditor's Office has additional responsibilities as defined by St. Charles County's Charter and Revised Ordinances.