Housing and Social Assistance Programs
St. Charles County Government has a variety of housing and social assistance programs funded by federal and local resources. The eligibility requirements and application processes vary based on the funding source. From the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, St. Charles County Government has been awarded Community Development Block Grant (CDBG), Home Investment Partnership program (HOME) and Housing Voucher (Section Eight) grants. From local resources, the County allocates Homeless, Indigent, Project CARE, Domestic Violence funds.
St. Charles County Government administers these funds via several advisory boards and commissions (Community Assistance Board, Domestic Violence Board, Commission on Housing Assistance) and contracts with non-for profit organizations and /or local agencies to administer day-to-day operations of these programs.
If you are homeless or at risk of homelessness, please call Coordinated Entry (2-1-1) for needs assessment and placement in services.
If you need more information about the programs and how to apply, click on the following links based on your need:
- Down Payment Loan Program (HOME)
- NECAC Homeownership Counseling Program
- HABITAT Homeownership Program
Home Repair Assistance
- Housing Choice Vouchers Program (Section 8)
- Homeless Prevention Program (CDBG)
- Affordable Rental Program (CDBG)
- Transportation Services Program (CDBG)
- MoRIDES Transportation Referral Service
- Women, Infants & Children (WIC)
- Food pantries
- Meals on Wheels
- Domestic violence assistance
- Child support services
- Maternity housing