At St. Charles County Government, your job is more than just a paycheck. We recognize excellence and performance by providing comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to our employees, with an emphasis on offering a variety of options that help employees meet their needs, and balance their careers and personal life.
Our benefits programs address both the immediate needs for employees and their families, such as medical coverage and tax savings programs for dependent care and health care expenses, as well as long-term needs, such as retirement savings.
- Medical Insurance: The St. Charles County health insurance plan offers both an in-network and out-of-network option along with four tiers of coverage. The County also has two options for health coverage: a basic plan and an enhanced plan. St. Charles County covers the majority of costs for employees, and also pays a portion of the cost of dependent/family coverage.
- Dental Insurance: The County pays the entire cost of the employee's dental coverage. If the employee elects family coverage, the County pays a portion of the additional cost. An enhanced plan also is available at an additional cost to the employee.
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance: The County pays the entire cost of term life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance for the employee in the greater amount of one times the annual salary or $50,000. Employees may choose additional insurance on themselves and dependents at their own expense.
- Long-Term Disability: The County pays the entire cost of long-term disability coverage.
- Optional Short-Term Disability Coverage
- Retirement Benefits: The County fully funds the employee's retirement benefit.
Paid Time Off Benefits
- County employees accrue five days of medical leave per year to be used for illnesses lasting three or more days.
- Paid Time Off: County employees earn 17 days paid time off per year. The rate of accrual increases to 22 days after five years and 27 days after 10 years.
- 12 Paid Holidays Annually
- Bereavement Leave
- Jury Duty Allowance
- Military Leave
- Employee Assistance Program: The County contracts to provide prepaid professional and confidential counseling services to County employees and their family members.
- Employee Discount Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement: The County provides partial reimbursement for tuition assistance for educational opportunities such as police academy, vocational technical programs and college courses. The curriculum must be relevant to the employee's current job or to prepare for advancement to another position within County government. Employees must meet other eligibility requirements.
- Optional Membership with Alliance Credit Union
Retirement & Savings
The County pays the entire cost of the pension program through the Missouri Local Government Employee's Retirement System (LAGERS).
- Automatic Eligibility in Missouri LAGERS Retirement Plan
- 457 Deferred Compensation Savings Plan (optional)
- 401(a) Retirement Savings with Employer Match (optional)
Other Optional Benefits
The County also offers optional benefits through payroll deduction including:
- Section 125 pre-tax of medical insurance premiums
- Automatic payroll deposit
Eligibility criteria or prorated benefits may apply for percentage time and temporary employees.